When Powell set out his tough tone at the semi-annual hearings last week he couldn't have foreseen the hotter than expected jobs numbers (again!) on Friday or the run on Silicon Valley Bank. The markets were already reeling but this further news saw a drop of c. 5% on the week.
So we have a lot to talk about this week. We cover the run on the Silicon Valley Bank (and who started it), the bailout in the US and $1 sale in the UK, banking expertise in general, Saudi Aramco mega profits, when is a hybrid not a hybrid, the plan to introduce a 69 hour working week, Nissan junk status, a Boeing/Airbus collaboration and much more.
So relax for 20 minutes, level up your financial knowledge and let yourself be entertained as we cover:
- The Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) run and how social media accelerated it's decline
- The US bails out SVB in the UK it gets sold to a larger bank as a going concern
- Signature bank goes under as well and Silvergate bank quietly closes
- Do bailouts send the wrong signal?
- Is there a problem with expertise in banks?
- Mega profits from Saudi Aramco the world's largest oil business
- When is a hybrid car not a hybrid car; self charging hybrid vs plug in hybrid
- South Korea working week from 52 hours per week to 69 (France is currently 35)
- Nissan's junk credit status
- Our 4 wheel drives of choice
- British icon Land Rover copy, Ineos Grenadier to be made in France
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) outlook is depressed
- WANdisco making up sales
- Why shareholders need to ask difficult questions
- Airbus and Boeing cooperate on military helicopter project
- The inside of a Guatemalan jail
Twitter - https://twitter.com/InteligexTrader
Podcasts - https://rollingbananas.com
Home - https://www.inteligex.com/
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Trading Mistakes
Uncoupling from China
What is a Recession
What is Monetary Policy
Finding value stocks
Stock Investing in 2023
Your best shot at goal
Focus Discipline and Trading Psychology
Invest in Yourself